2019 Board Election Information
Four seats on the Prairie Lea Independent School District school board in Texas are up for general election on November 5, 2019. The filing deadline for this election is August 19, 2019.
Important Dates Regarding This Election:
- Notice of Deadline to Post Notice of Candidates Filing – Thursday, June 20, 2019
- First Day to File for Place on General Election Ballot – Saturday, July 20, 2019
- Last Day to Order General Election – Monday, Aug. 19, 2019
Last Day to File for Place on General Election Ballot – Monday, Aug. 19, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Last Day to Register to Vote – Monday, Oct. 7, 2019
- First Day of Early Voting – Monday, Oct. 21, 2019
- Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail – Friday, Oct. 25, 2019
- Last Day of Early Voting – Friday, Nov. 1, 2019
- Last Day to Receive Ballot by Mail – Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 7 p.m.
Prairie Lea ISD Board of Trustees
is comprised of seven local citizens who serve as the legal agent of the State of Texas in carrying out the will of the citizens of the Prairie Lea Independent School District in the matters of public education. The Prairie Lea ISD Board of Trustees is charged with making policy for the school district. Trustees are unpaid volunteers who serve four-year terms.
Voters in Prairie Lea elect school board members on the first Tuesday of November. In addition to making policy, the Board also hires the superintendent of schools, holds monthly (usually the second Thursday of each month) business meetings to conduct the business of the district, approve employment and termination of personnel, approves the budget and sets the tax rate, approves property purchases, approves new building plans, awards bids, hears grievances of employees, students and citizens of the district and authorizes collection, disbursement and auditing of funds.
Applications and other materials will be added at a later date.