Download the pdf and use these instructions to complete the online enrollment process through the Ascender Parent Portal
For questions regarding problems with the Ascender Parent Portal, send an email to: email@example.com
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT FOR 2020-2021
Students 4 yrs old before Sept. 1st are eligible for Pre-K enrollment.
Required documents for ALL new enrolling students in Pre-K through 12:
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Student's Social Security Card
- Student's Current Immunization Records (to be verified by District)
- Enrolling Parent/Guardian's Driver's License
- *Proof of Residency in the Prairie Lea ISD (utility bill, or mortgage or rental agreement)
*Proof of Residency means:
- Current utility bill tied directly to the residential address (electric, water, landline phone or cable/satellite service)
- Current rental/lease agreement
- Mortgage statement
- Cell phone bills are not considered a residential utility.
Tip 1: Scan or take a picture of documents before beginning registration process so they can be attached to the application.
Tip 2: If you cannot attach documents, please email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to the registration event.
Tip 3: Please make sure the photo/scan appears clear and easy to read.
Transferring from another Texas Public School:
For students transferring from another Texas Public School District: Most academic records can be obtained through the state's Texas Record Exchange (T-Rex).
Prairie Lea School admits students residing in other districts under a rigorous transfer process that involves a committee review. Click the Transfer link
in the right hand margin to learn more.
- To verify your residence is in district boundaries - Search Caldwell County Appraisal District's website.
- Addresses can be searched by address, owner, and other parameters.
- After locating your address: Click the "View Details" link.
- From this page click on "Taxing Jurisdiction"
- From this next page: Locate the school district that assesses taxes for your property.
- The district indicated will be the home district for your child or children.
If you cannot determine your residence's school district from this search, it may be necessary to contact the Caldwell County Appraisal District Office at 512-398-5550.